Thursday, April 19, 2012

Couple of questions regarding Dii .txt files

1) How do I go about retrieving the most recent Dii .txt files? I have an .mpq extractor, but a .txt file may have different versions in different .mpq's; some of which are unnamed, so it's rather tedious locating the most recent ones.

2) Is there a file containing replacement names for affixes, skills etc. (For instance "Plague Poppy" = "Poison Creeper" etc.)?

Regards Tom|||1) The most recent files are found in patch_d2.mpq; if not there, then try d2exp.mpq; otherwise, look in the other .mpq archives (most likely d2data.mpq).

2) I think you need to look at patchstring.tbl for the name strings used in the game itself, although I haven't done this myself. I'd suggest visiting the Phrozen Keep for more information.|||Quote:








1) The most recent files are found in patch_d2.mpq; if not there, then try d2exp.mpq; otherwise, look in the other .mpq archives (most likely d2data.mpq).

2) I think you need to look at patchstring.tbl for the name strings used in the game itself, although I haven't done this myself. I'd suggest visiting the Phrozen Keep for more information.




I have retrieved all the most recent files, though it was quite a bit of work since the files in the patch.mpq weren't labeled, so I had to sift through the lot.

The libraby should be complete now, but I'll definately swing by the Phrozen Keep to look for a bit of info on the text-replacements.

Thank you for the info

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment