Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Iron golem from charges (Oath / metalgrid) Qs

I'm thinking of ways to build a char using an iron golem, but have some questions I'd hope to answer on paper before committing time/resources in game:

(1) My understanding is that making an IG grants it many/most of the stats from the underlying item, and that it is persistent between games. Is it persistent between difficulties, and will anything other than death make it disappear?

(2) If you have an item granting the skill permanently equipped, will the golem still persist?

(3) If you have an oath in both weapon switch slots, will pressing W cause the golem to be destroyed as a result of "using" the skill?

(4) If I have a barbarian with an ethereal Oath in one hand and a regular Oath in the other, I cast iron golem from the charges of the non-ethereal Oath, and then remove the non-ethereal oath, will the iron golem persist because the skill is granted by the still-equipped ethereal oath?

(5) Same question as 4, but the ammulet is metal grid (slvl 22 as opposed to 17 I think for Oath)

Thanks!|||
  1. Yes, it is persistant, but NOT if you have no hard points in it (i.e. if you're a Necromancer with no hard points in it, or if you're not a Necromancer at all and use charges).

  2. I don't think it will, 'cause you still don't have hard points in IG.

  3. It should disappear, from what I understand.

  4. I think it will, because the charges will appear seperatedly in your skill overview (you know, when you press 'S'). But I'm not sure at all.

  5. Then it should disappear.



Hope it helps!|||Did help, but obviously since it won't persist between games it's not that useful. Thanks anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment