Saturday, April 21, 2012

How to obtain throwing weapons? Show me your best ones :D

Im making a throw barb and I will need weapons for him.

Everyone seems to recommend eth lacerators, but those arent the best - of course rares would be better; but as trading a good one is hard, I was thinking of trying to use the pskull recipe - is it worth it?

What are the other alternatives? 3chipped gems + weapon -> reroll and hope for cruel of self replenish (is this even possible?); imbues (if possible), crafting (which recipe, I dont know much about crafting).

Any ideas?



Also I wonder if anyone could show their fantastic eth-self replenish weapons, I just want to see what is possible |||Rares would be better in terms of *damage*, but rares also repair much slower than unique throwing weapons. Your stack depletes very fast when using Double Throw, since you can't repair ethereal items, you have to wait for their natural replenish to do the restocking.

I wouldn't bother with the PSkull recipe in this scenario. A magic cruel of self-replenish will lose to uniques.

Crafting: If throwing axes are considered as axes by the game, then you can craft blood axes using the blood recipe and gain an innate 35-60% ED. My gut feeling is that this is not the case. Alternatively, you can use the safety recipe for javelins, but the bonuses don't really help much. Also you can't get ethereal items from crafting.

Imbueing: You could, but it's very unreliable.

For my own Double Thrower, I stick with:

Main: Ethereal Warshrike / Ethereal Warshrike

Switch: Ethereal Lacerator / Ethereal Lacerator

It's really hard to beat Warshrikes, even with godly rares, because of the 50% pierce it has. I wouldn't touch unique javelins if I were you, they have really small stack sizes. All unique throwing axes are designed quite nicely, so imho, stick with those.

Of course, if you do come across a stylish rare, you should use it. I once had a pair of ethereal, 427% ED, 40% IAS, self-repair Flying Axes, but lost/traded it over the years. I suppose a really good one would look like this:

450% Enhanced Damage

250 Attack Raing

120 Increased Stack Size

40% Increased Attack Speed

20 Maximum Damage/20 Minimum Damage

Knockback/CtC Amplify Damage/Ethereal + Self-Repair|||Already posted in the rares show-off thread but since you ask specifically for it:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...postcount=2969

Ghost Glaive and Balrog Spear were used together on throw/ww hybrid barbarian, where fools was necessary because of otherwise insufficient ar.|||I'll choose plain old non-eth warshrikes for standard mobs anyday. They're just too good combined with razortail to let them sit in your stash for 10 minutes recharging.

And the damage output with 83% pierce eclipses any godly rare you'll come across.

No comments:

Post a Comment