Saturday, April 21, 2012

A few questions about SoJ farming

I've been trying to farm Andy NM since I've heard she has to best chance of dropping SoJ. (I can't remember if I quest-bugged her though)

Im currently running at about 300-350 mf myself with 175 on my merc and I'm letting him do the killing, eventhough I sometimes have to ressurect him midfigth because hes so bad

I'm also crippling my teleport abilities with this mf setup so im constantly chugging potions while teleporting to the next level.

This is my first ladder char ever so I have a few questions:

1) Is it worth it to let my merc kill her for the extra 175% mf? I mean the most time consuming part of the run is the teleporting anyway, which is unpredictable.

2) Whats the best way to avoid tempbans if I'm doing fast runs?

3) Am I going about this the right way?

Thanks in advance for the help! I've been trying to get most items myself on my char, but I haven't been able to get a SoJ so far.|||3) if ur aim is to farm sojs, running nm andi is the right way to do so

2) let the games last more than 3 minutes, e.g. if it takes u 2 minutes to kill anid, go for shenk

1) i wouldn�t bother with it and give him normal equip so i don�t need to revive him|||appreciate the help!

but without the merc i only have about 300mf, isnt that somewhat low? (lvl 75 sorc)

edit: ow and is there a way to check the elapsed time of my game?|||you are wasting your time with mf setup, it only slows your clearing time.

and mf tele without 105 fcr really slow, 300 mf is about the right amount.|||Concentrating on finding a single item is a waste of time. You will find far more of the useful items if you visit bosses and high-level areas in hell mode and trade them for what you are looking for, incloding SoJs.|||A sensible person would agree with krishan that hitting a fixed monster for a fixed item is a terrible idea, but given than I just summarized a project of running 1.10a Hell Andy for +2 BKWB rings I'm in no position to agree at the moment!

On the quest drop bug- it matters a fair amount as analyzed in the old SoJ runners guide which was in the Strategy Compendium (it is findable at Wayback Machine at this link ). To check to see if you have it, look at drops from Andy herself that are blue and have durability. Quest drop Andy will attempt to drop only rare, set and unique items- if she drops a blue item, it could be for two reasons:

1) she attempted to drop a rare or set item but wasn't able to because of mlvl considerations or because there isn't a set or unique item of that type

2) she isn't doing her quest drop.

If it's 1), the item that drops will be an increased durability magic item, so if it is something with a durability, you can check. If she ever drops a plain blue with the standard durability for that item type, she's not doing her quest drop and that character doesn't have the quest drop bug.

If your character doesn't have the quest drop bug, it means that she is missing out on a chance for what is essentially free MF. If you are going to run Andy determinedly, it may make sense to start another character built for that and making sure that one does have the quest drop bug. (It's hard not to have it, as all you need to do apparently is talk to Warriv in the same game that you first kill Andy, which is what a normal player does anyway!)|||I don't think I bugged her on nightmare. Most blue items had double durability, but I found a helm with only standard dura. Which makes it even a worse idea to run her I guess. I know most people just move to act II, but I didn't. I'm finding out now, Ive been making alot of mistakes on this char, but I don't want to start over. I'm usually playing alone, so leveling can be slow

I've just read on this forum that alot of SoJ rings aren't legit, which made me decide to find my own. I also have little of value to trade because I sold the only 2 expensive items I found for basically nothing because I didn't yet know their value, hence why I wanted to find some decent items.

I did manage to get a full tal rasha set together, frostburns and a large charm with +skills, so I guess I could try and continue in act II of hell without those SoJ's. A few extra +skills would really help my mana spending though. I'm at lvl 75 and only have about +6 skills with 1 point into warmth.

Ill try to fight my way through act III then, appreciate the help!|||I never get a soj by myself since I've ever played d2, its ridiculous, I just don't bother anymore with andy run, its not really worth it, soj are cheap nowdays, like what 3 ists [euscl].|||give ur merc an insight and ur good with ur mana issues: 4 socket polearm class weapon with ral tir tal sol inside|||I'll keep my eyes open for a 4socket polearm, with frostburn instead of chanceguards my mana use is pretty ok though.

Finding some form of life leech for my merc is my priority atm, havent found anything decent yet. And he just keeps dieing

No comments:

Post a Comment