Thursday, April 19, 2012

Did setting hotkeys for skills change?

Old Thread


Quote:




Click the skill button on the lower-left corner to select which skill to use on your left mouse click, hover your mouse over a particular skill, and press the key that you want to use as the hotkey. If done correctly, you'll see the hotkey displayed on that skill's icon. Repeat the same process on right-mouse-click skills.




Just plain doesn't work for me, nothing happens at all. I've tried both ways, first clicking the button, hovering over a skill (when it shows multiple skill after the click) and pressing a key. I've also selected a skill when it shows multiple skills, so that it is now my skill to use when I left click, hovering over it, and pressing a key.

Also, for some reason when I press F1 (it is set as "skill 1" in the options menu) it blanks my screen black, effectively blinding me, I can still hear the audio, type things and send them to screen (since I can hear it happening) if I press F1 again it may or may not restore the screen, and it does seem to be a little darker when I come back.|||I think what you wanna do is pull up the options menu in-game, and go to the area where you can configure controls.

Scroll down to the various Skill #s, and either change the main for each one to a letter (choose letters that are easy access to where you naturally place your fingers on the keyboard), or just leave the F# keys as main and set the letter to the secondary spot.

Once you have a good 6-8 skill slots assigned to letters, back out of the menu to the game, and NOW go to your left and right clicks and hover over the specific skill you want to assign and press a letter. If all goes well, this will do what you wanted to accomplish.

As an example for me, I take all of the original settings out for things like weapon swap, potion slots, and about 10 skills... I just blank them out completely. Then I assign W A S D for my potions, Q for weapon swap, and then Z X C V F G E R G T for skills. You can probably tell from my potion choices, that I am mostly used to playing FPS games... so I choose to use the keys that my fingers are already naturally lying on the keyboard =p|||Well, anyway, why does this work for other people and not me, I'm doing it the way it's supposed to work. And, I think I may have successfully done it in the past.|||I'm not sure if you have read this:


Quote:








I think what you wanna do is pull up the options menu in-game, and go to the area where you can configure controls.

Scroll down to the various Skill #s, and either change the main for each one to a letter (choose letters that are easy access to where you naturally place your fingers on the keyboard), or just leave the F# keys as main and set the letter to the secondary spot.




Vorasorc, you have to enable certain keys as "Skill #xx" in the configure controls part of the options before assigning them in the manner you described. Only F1-F8 work by default because they have already been set up like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment