Saturday, April 21, 2012

Levelling Times and Gambling

I'm curious as to how long it would take to reach level 94 from 1 (1-60 chaos, 60+ baal with Ondal's and 10% anni)



I can consitently take my builds from 1-80 in ~3 hours if I find someone running chaos. Has anyone tried going 90+ in a set amount of time?



The experience starts getting worse once you pass level 87, correct?



The reason I ask is to start Gambling. I've heard from people that level 94 is the best level to start gambling/crafting at. I'm trying to get +2 skill, 20 FCR amulets, and for +2 skills I only need to be level 90 (I think...)



Also: In my search for (atleast a +2 druid 18+ FCR ammy) I'm getting together 200 crafting sets. Alphaz will be crafting with a level 94 character. Would it be benefical to keep a record of what we get from 200 crafts, or is that too low of a number to get any statistics from?|||Quote:








I'm curious as to how long it would take to reach level 94 from 1 (1-60 chaos, 60+ baal with Ondal's and 10% anni)



I can consitently take my builds from 1-80 in ~3 hours if I find someone running chaos. Has anyone tried going 90+ in a set amount of time?



The experience starts getting worse once you pass level 87, correct?



The reason I ask is to start Gambling. I've heard from people that level 94 is the best level to start gambling/crafting at. I'm trying to get +2 skill, 20 FCR amulets, and for +2 skills I only need to be level 90 (I think...)



Also: In my search for (atleast a +2 druid 18+ FCR ammy) I'm getting together 200 crafting sets. Alphaz will be crafting with a level 94 character. Would it be benefical to keep a record of what we get from 200 crafts, or is that too low of a number to get any statistics from?




Level 93 is sufficient to ensure that every amulet you craft upon will have high enough ilvl to spawn +2 Class affixes and below, provided you use the same character to gamble and craft.

And keeping record of 200 crafts (in categories perhaps?) could actually be an interesting project. And possibly even be usable for others, providing more people participate, so the combined set of crafts is sufficiently large.

How long time it will take you to get to 93 though - start the stopwatch and get cracking... I have yet to have my first char in 93 this ladder and I have played quite a bit (read waaay too much).|||You actually have to be L95 for optimum amulet gambling. I usually start gambling for amulets at about L90. Before that, I gamble for rings and coronets.

Crafting self-gambled items just needs a L93 character, as said.|||Cool, thanks!



So just to 93... 87 will be fast, and it will just get slower from then on |||Quote:








Cool, thanks!



So just to 93... 87 will be fast, and it will just get slower from then on




I've recently been through this, I found this post a few days back which explains the gambling portion well

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...0&postcount=15

Ie, you need to be at L95 to ensure that all your amulets are 90+, which then allows for the mods that you require.|||So to gamble amulets that will be level enough to spawn +2 character class items (either when gambled or crafted) I must be level 90.



To get the 20% fcr mod in prefixes and suffixes on it I only need to be over level 71.



If I use amulets dropped from Hell Baal (does it matter rare or magic?) I only need to be level 87+ for a chance and +2 character classes/20FCR.



From this it looks like I could start Gambling and crafting at level 90. Giving me the guarentee that they can spawn with +2 character class and the 20% FCR (level 71+)



So I could Gamble a +2 Character Skills/FCR from level 90+. Where does L95/94 come in? I assume that applys to crafting the gambled amulets?|||When gambling, the item level is charlvl-5 ... charlvl+4, randomly. For amulets, the affix level (alvl) is equal to the ilvl because amulets have a base qlvl of 1 (see the affix level calculation procedure). +2 skills has an alvl of 90, so at L86, 10% of the amulets have a chance for it while it's 50% at L90 (which is a rather good chance) and 100% at L95+.

When crafting self-gambled amulets, they all have a chance for +2 skills from L93 on because the charlevel goes into the calculation for crafting as well, raising the ilvl yet again (new ilvl = charlvl/2 + ilvl/2, rounded down before adding).

There's just one fcr affix, rare and magical amus cannot have more than 10%. The only way to get more than 10% is by crafting a caster amulet which happens to get it on top of the fixed 5-10% mod.|||Hmm... so if I'm level 95 I'm guarenteed +2 character skills on every amulet I craft/gamble? With the -5 level randomly it wouldn't be every one, does this only apply to gambling?



At 90 I have the chance to get +2 skills, but at 95 its insanely better.



I still don't understand why I can't get +20% FCR on it at 90. From level 71+ I'll always get 4 adidtional affixes. That would just leave it to luck to get a the 10% FCR suffix/prefix (from the guarenteed 5-10%) and another FCR suffix/prefix on top of that. Does each specific affix have a required level too?



EDIT: re-read your post
Quote:




For amulets, the affix level (alvl) is equal to the ilvl because amulets have a base qlvl of 1 (see the affix level calculation procedure)




I'm just confused, sorry |||This applies to every amulet you find. Only Baal, Nihlathak and Diablo have such a high level, so only they can drop amulets with +2 skills (except for stuff like Tal's or Mara's, of course).

As said, there is only one fcr prefix/suffix, so you cannot have more than 10% on a rare item. The only way to get more than that is by crafting a caster amulet (which is the name of the recipe and not the name of amulets which happen to be useful for casters), it has a fixed 5-10% fcr mod and if you are lucky, it will have the random 10%fcr mod as well.

The affix level and the item level are two different things. The alvl is calculated from the ilvl and the base qlvl of thebase items. It's the alvl which decides about which affixes are possible. Amulets have a base qlvl of 1, so the calculation comers up with an alvl being equal to the ilvl for amulets. For other items it's different. See here for the calculation procedure.|||Quote:








When crafting self-gambled amulets, they all have a chance for fcr from L93 on because the charlevel goes into the calculation for crafting as well, raising the ilvl yet again (new ilvl = charlvl/2 + ilvl/2, rounded down before adding).




Minor nitpick - the bolded 'fcr' should be replaced with '+2 skills'. The fcr part is also true, but I'm convinced the mod was talking about the +2, since the fcr affix is available a lot sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment