Thursday, April 19, 2012

Gear swap vs Poison

Hi guys, would it be reasonable to assume that if I were afflicted with poison at 0 Poison Res then switched/added gear to 75 Poison Res, I'd take less damage overall?

For instance, vs Achmel the Cursed & his goons, I am breathed on with 0 PR. If I slapped on a 4x P Emerald Monarch (lol), would I come through smelling like a rose?

I'm leaning towards yes because P damage is per frame but there are some crazy things in this game.

p.s. Happy Thanksgiving! Hope everyone keeps their P Res up high irl for the coming winter |||I have the strong impression that damage from a monster attack is calculated at the time of the attack and then becomes "ballistic" after that,unless you take an antidote potion or are healed. For example, a monster attack can chill you and slow you down, and putting on an equipment item with "Cannot Be Frozen" does not change the situation -the chill effect must run its course. Similarly, getting poisoned and then putting on an item with the mod: "-75% poison damage duration" does not alter the duration of the poison damage. Those two are easily observed, but I have not tested for post-attack effectiveness of an equipment item with the mod "poison damage reduction" - but by analogy, I expect that the original poison damage would not be changed.|||As Quickdeath has suggested, poison damage rate and length are set when the target is first poisoned so equipping Poison Resist +% or Poison Length Reduced by % after the fact doesn't help. Cleansing does help though, since it applies its PLR % to remaining poison length every two seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment