Saturday, April 21, 2012

Should I Craft Berserker Axes from Shops?

Hey, how's it going?

My girlfriend is playing a Concentrate Barbarian (according to Hal's guide) and we're now crafting weapons. Will crafting Berserker Axes bought from Larzuk in act 5 of Hell be good enough?

I remember reading years ago that crafting items found in Frozen Throne and later will have the potential to have better mods. What about shopped items from Larzuk?

Thanks,

-=ViC|||The title of your thread confused me. I thought you were meaning buying from online shops. (I'm dumb).

From what I recall the ilvl of items that you shop is dependant on the level of character that is buying them. The level range will be -4 to +5 of character lvl. Or maybe +5 to

-4, can't remember. As far as level range and mod availability, I'm not sure.|||I would never buy items from online shops, if only because that would be contributing to the amount of bots on Battle.net (I really dislike bots of any sort that makes the gameplay unfair.)

Thanks for the information. I remember reading that items dropped in the later parts of Act 5 in Hell difficulty will give the item, when crafted, an additional mod or something like that. That's my memory from years ago though, and I can't seem to find much information right now.

Cool wolf avatar, by the way!

-=ViC|||Ahem, returning to the 'real world' of D2.



Crafting blood axes is one way of getting a better weapon. You would need luck and patience to craft one weapon than the runewords that are available online but the high quality level of berserker axes means that imbuing white ones with level 8 characters which can get all available affixes on the item too is well worth doing as a break from hell running if nothing else.

Timewise, with the new rune drop rates of the latest patch, getting the runes for a mid range runeword would probably beat crafting an axe of similar power. I'm thinking crescent moon, kingslayer, or even passion here. For boss killing using even a cheap runeword with crushing blow then switching to a higher damage weapon is optimal.|||Thanks for your input, Tarantella.

For imbuing, why should I use level 8 characters? I do remember that's the earliest level in order to do the imbue quest, but does anything else matter, or is the imbue quest completely random and not dependent on character, difficulty, etc.

Thanks,

-=ViC|||Discussion thread available here

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=660816

More details are here

http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Guide:....10,_by_Uzziah|||The base qlvl of a BA is high enough to get all good affixes from crafting, no matter which ilvl it has.|||Items shopped in NM or hell have their ilvl set to clvl +5

For gambling, it's -5 to +4

No comments:

Post a Comment