Thursday, April 19, 2012

Die Facet Questions

"100% Chance to cast Spell on Death."



Say I've got a character with a Cold, Poison and Fire death facet on him. Giving him:



Blizzard

Meteor

Poison Nova



To cast when he dies.



If I use Medusa's gaze and Death I get:



Chain Lightning (lv 44)

Nova



Bit of theorycrafting for a PvP build I'm making, so here's some questions:



1. Will they all trigger at once? I assume, since they stack, that multiples of the same facet will not trigger multiple times, but different facets should.



2. How does the Chain Lightning work? Does it shoot a random direction, or at the person who killed me?



3. Will a level 44 Chain Lightining trigger along with a level 47 Chain lightning if I use a Lightning facet too?



4. Would Conviction still apply for a bit after I've died, lowering their resistances?



5. Does the +/- of the jewels affect the attack of the jewel (my keeping their resists lowered for a bit after I die, or increasing the attack by x%)



I realize the chances of whoever kills me standing in one spot to get hit by a meteor or blizzard is slim, but the instant effect spells like Nova, Poison Nova, and chain lightning should work to possibly end the duel in a draw.



I'm going to work as many facets as I can onto a Glass-cannon charger (2h 'Death' with a 1h 'Death'+Medusa's faceted in stash)



In my experiences dueling chargers, they either catch you with a dysnch and 1-hit, or they die. Often I've been left with dangerously low HP after a failed hit, and I figure some death facets could take care of that along with being pretty funny



I've named the Character: BigBunnyFuFu (someone already has LittleBunnyFuFu )|||1. Your assumptions are correct.

2. Probably at the killer.

3. Yes. Only if the level was the same as well, the percentages would stack (and more than 100% don't make sense)

4. Yes, its presence or absence is checked once every 1-2 seconds, so it might persist for that long (or not start its effect until then).

5. I think they will.|||Awesome, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment