Saturday, April 21, 2012

List of different questions

Hey guys, I have quite a big list of questions,

1-4 are about auras, later about diffent subjects.



1.Let's assume I have a dual dream palladin.

Those 2 dreams give him level 30 holy shock.

I equip a +3 holy shock rift runeword. Does the +3 holy shock, increase by holy shock to level 33?

2. I equip a shako. Does the holy shock level (from dream) rise by 2?

3. Let's assume I have 20 hard points into light res aura. If I had a scepter, with +3 light resist aura, would it affect my holy shock damage? I dont think so, but just wanted to ask.

4. I also assume that +2skills form shako, dont boost my holy shock damage by increaseing the light res aura level. (wrote it here just for clarity; Im like 99% sure it is true)

5. Mercenaries - If I equip them with +skills items (e.g. andy's face), does their aura level rise? Im talking about the

a)"natural" aura of each merc;

b) item-granted aura of the merc (e.g. by holding pride runeword)

6. Do blue "mechanics" (?) 6 socket phase blades with 40 ias exist?

7. Can yellow items, have more than 2 sockets? (Im asking about "6 socket phase blade" + fools + ias etc.). I think they dont, but just wanted to ask to be sure.

8. I have a rift-sin. 6 kicks (level 30 skill or something). Can anyone tell me if her attacks get interrupted by:

A) casting of firesorm by torch (I think they do get interrupted)

B) casting tornados by carrion wind affect it (dont think so)

C) casting that big indiana-jones druid ball (that makes me laugh every time I see it from destruciton runeword) slow her down (I think they do)

D) casting volcano (from destruction rw; I think they dont)

9. Harder: did blizzard ever explain why the 'cleansing' runeword that can be found in game files, was not repaired in patch 1.13? Is it simply imbalanced, or they didnt know that fixing a comma somewhere (or something like that AFAIK), would activate it.

10. Does the game work if 8 "summonmancers" (animal collectors?) come to it and start raising skeletons+revives? I always wanted to try that, but never managed to get more than 2 players (me and some other guy). Im just curious if there isnt massive lag (server side/client side)

I know that skellies used to lag my old 192mb of ram computer, but with 3gb.. it should be ok, right?

Has anyone ever tried it?|||Auras equipped won't be boosted by + skills.

Light res synergy will work. + skills won't help any synergy or the aura.



A merc's "natural" aura is affected by + skills. It has to be + ALL skills, not + Paladin.

A Might merc holding pride with a Shako on will have a boosted Might, but not Concentration.





Sockets go up to 4 with magic items. Weapons go up to 3. 6 socket with 40 IAS (empty sockets blue) won't happen.





Rare items can get two sockets, but it uses a prefix to do so. It can have 2 sockets, 40 IAS and 4 other things. It won't be able to get 3 or more sockets.





DTalon will be interrupted if the skill cast has a cast delay (like Frozen Orb). Molten Boulder has a cast delay and will interrupt DTalon.





There are actually quite a few runewords in files that weren't used. I don't recall an explanation for them other than just not using them.





8 summonmancers should be possible, but would likely crash a game similar to rabies. To get it to crash, if it will, it'd have to be 8 full armies all in one screen.|||I don't know about the aura stacking questions but on some of the others I can say:


Quote:




3. Let's assume I have 20 hard points into light res aura. If I had a scepter, with +3 light resist aura, would it affect my holy shock damage? I dont think so, but just wanted to ask.




No the aura damage doesn't change from the staffmod bonus.


Quote:




4. I also assume that +2skills form shako, dont boost my holy shock damage by increaseing the light res aura level. (wrote it here just for clarity; Im like 99% sure it is true)




No, the synergy bonus does not benefit from anything except hard skill points.


Quote:




6. Do blue "mechanics" (?) 6 socket phase blades with 40 ias exist?




a) "Mechanic's" (one of the the magic prefixes for socketed) gives at most 2 sockets. "Artisan's" gives 3 sockets at most, and "Jeweler's" gives 4 sockets at most. So no, those cannot exist. In 1.08+, the best you can do for IAS on a phase blade is either a grey six socket one or a Jewler's Phase Blade of Quickness with 4 open sockets- either way if you filled them all with Shaels you were at 120%IAS. In 1.07, the Larzuk quest gives up to 4 sockets in a magic (blue) item, so it is possible to have a 4-socket Cruel Phase Blade of Quickness from 1.07 with 4 Shaels, for 120%IAS but with Cruel improving the damage, for example.


Quote:




7. Can yellow items, have more than 2 sockets? (Im asking about "6 socket phase blade" + fools + ias etc.). I think they dont, but just wanted to ask to be sure.




No they cannot. "Mechanic's" prefix gives either one or two sockets and it alone among the socket prefixes can spawn on rares.


Quote:




10. Does the game work if 8 "summonmancers" (animal collectors?) come to it and start raising skeletons+revives? I always wanted to try that, but never managed to get more than 2 players (me and some other guy). Im just curious if there isnt massive lag (server side/client side)

I know that skellies used to lag my old 192mb of ram computer, but with 3gb.. it should be ok, right?

Has anyone ever tried it?




In my experience, reports of skellies/minions causing lag are much exaggerated, and I suspect it would be fine but I haven't tried.|||1. Autoauras cannot be increased by anything but synergies and other items with the same autoaura. (no is the short answer)

2. No. (and dream is helm/shield, so equipping shako lowers it to lvl 15...)

3. No, only hard points count as synergies (except in 1.10 with the charges bug)

4. True

5a. Yes

5b. No

6. Mechanic's grants 1-2 sockets, Artisan's grants 3 and Jeweller's grants 4. (no for short)

7. No

8. Don't know

9. Blizzard works in mysterious ways...

10. Yes, the game works. But I have 8 GB, so I am not in a position to test lag issues...

No comments:

Post a Comment