Thursday, April 19, 2012

Question about bugged %ED +damage jewels

I've been considering making a +min damage avenger for a while, and I happen to have this jewel:


Code:
Rune Talisman 
Jewel
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x889cbfb2
Item Level: 80
Version: Expansion 1.10+
8% Enhanced Damage
+17 to Minimum Damage

Now if I remember correctly, and the quick search I did is correct, the way it works is %ED is only applied to whichever min/max isn't being boosted by +damage when these jewels are used off-weapon.

In this case, resulting in +17 minimum damage and +8% maximum damage. With the objective of a min-damage character being to increase minimum damage above maximum damage, my question is simply: is the 8%ED bonus even relevant at all to this type of use, or will it just be ignored as long as the modified minimum damage of the weapon is at least 8% higher than the maximum? Even if the %ED does absolutely nothing, the +min should serve my purpose unless it gets broken as well somehow.

I think this reasoning makes sense, but I'd just like to it confirm before pointlessly wasting any jewels from a flawed understanding.

(and I know all the affixes would work if it were socketed on-weapon, but I happen to have a better jewel for that)|||
  • %ed does nothing to minimum damage in your case, if put into an armor. In a weapon, the jewel will work correctly.

  • +min/maxdmg is applied after on-weapon %ed, but before off-weapon %ed.

  • AFAIK, the raising of the weapon's maximum damage to at least one point above its minimum damage comes after applying the min/maxdmg effects (and thus also after applying on-weapon %ed), but before applying off-weapon %ed.



Get a socketed military pick and a cheap +mindmg jewel to test it .|||Thanks for those confirmations krischan. There have been several guides in the Single Player Forum confirming the way +min damage boosts worked when exceeding the max, so I was more concerned that the bugged feature wouldn't mess anything up.

I'll probably test it myself sometime later today, and thanks for the info!

No comments:

Post a Comment