Thursday, April 12, 2012

On a budget: Sorc or Hammers for A4 Magic Find?

[:1]Hey all,

Hope this is an ok board to drop this.

I'd like to build a character who can do River of Flame/CS runs. I'm tired of Eldritch/Pindle as making new games gets incredibly boring. (My 88 Javazon has a tough time with RoF/CS as there are light immunes and it really slows her down as I'm slow to deal with them.)

I have a pretty limited budget and am considering either a Sorc or Hammerdin.

Hammerdin seems like it would be "easy" as there are no immunities in those areas, but I lose out on teleport (I definitely can't afford Enigma).

If I went Sorc, I'm thinking Orb as main, Nova for Cold immunes.

Basically, I have now:

Helm: Shako

Armor: Skullder's

Weapon/Shield: Spirit (or Occulus assuming I can wrangle one) / Spirit

Boots: War Travelers

Belt: Tal Rasha

Amulet: Tal Rasha

Rings: Rare Fast Cast/Resists

Gloves: Rare MF or Frosties

And an Insight merc, either prayer or holy freeze.

(I also found a Vex rune, so I can put that toward trade if this setup absolutely won't work.)

My decision now is whether to put my time into a Hammerdin or a Sorc.

Any advice?|||hammers. even without teleport. i was using a tele charge ammy on my hammerdin with basically the gear you listed. even if you have to hoof it, it's still not like you're wasting your time doing the RoF. paladins have more innate safety measures over a sorc. more life per vit, holy shield giving you fast block rate and increased block rate, selection of auras, etc

take that vex and make a hoto and you'll be even better off.

edit: i am pretty biased against sorcs and i enjoy hammerdins despite everyone's hate of them.|||Quote:








hammers. even without teleport. i was using a tele charge ammy on my hammerdin with basically the gear you listed. even if you have to hoof it, it's still not like you're wasting your time doing the RoF. paladins have more innate safety measures over a sorc. more life per vit, holy shield giving you fast block rate and increased block rate, selection of auras, etc

take that vex and make a hoto and you'll be even better off.

edit: i am pretty biased against sorcs and i enjoy hammerdins despite everyone's hate of them.




^^ What he with all the broken links in his sig said |||Quote:








^^ What he with all the broken links in his sig said




ha! in the time you took to type that i was fixing them, they're fixed!

edit: dang, tried to add that one more link i wanted so long ago and it's still too long. oh well at least i got to keep what i had.

Zons! ~ Bowzon Trist ~ My Zon ~ 30 Hammerdin ~ 18 Zealot ~ LLD item guide ~ MDR bug ~ Jewel bug

So it goes.

-CDM

edit2: ha! made it fit, maybe now people'll leave me alone about it, lol|||For non-teleporting Hammerdins I have to mention the Oblivion Knights' AI tendency to decrepify and flee may be a big detraction (at least for me) on an otherwise great budget Chaos runner.

You can also try turning your Javazon into a hybrid. CS/Fury to obliterate non immunes and a bow switch for the lightning immunes. The Storm Casters are pretty weak, so even a weaker bow side will make quick work of them.|||I'd try the hybrid (maxed LF/CS, Freezing and Cold Arrow) as Nano suggested since it'll only cost you a respec.

Gogo hammerdin!|||double post|||Quote:








For non-teleporting Hammerdins I have to mention the Oblivion Knights' AI tendency to decrepify and flee may be a big detraction (at least for me) on an otherwise great budget Chaos runner.




this is true. very annoying at first, but u get used to it very quickly. there are some tactics to pin them and if u can estimate the distances and the way ur hammer flies...it�s a bit like playin a classic hammerdin|||Thanks for all the advice!

The hybrid idea for my java is great. I just found Mavinas bow anyway, so I might as well strap it on and have a bit of fun.

I did also make a hammerdin (I had a zealot at 30, so I just respecced him). Charge -> Hammer is pretty darn fun! But now that I've learned the charge into battle and across maps trick, I almost want to respec him BACK to zeal! Argh. I forgot how deep and addicting this game is. =/|||Quote:








this is true. very annoying at first, but u get used to it very quickly. there are some tactics to pin them and if u can estimate the distances and the way ur hammer flies...it�s a bit like playin a classic hammerdin




pvp tactics work on them or you can use holy bolt.

No comments:

Post a Comment