Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pit of Acheron runs

[:1]I've decided to do 100 runs at the area called Pit of Acheron, for those who don't know where it is: It's the red portal at Arreat Plateau in Act 5. The Reason why I do this is because i read some guy who said his friend found Zod in that place or Abaddon. The Pit of Acheron is a lvl 83 area so tc85 and below is available here. And there's little to zero cold immunes: I run it with my blizzard sorc. Ill report the results after 100 runs. I'll only report uniques,sets,sock items, charms and runes. Well off to the runs now guys:P Wish me good luck|||Another example of what people do if hope hasn't died yet :lol:

IMO these types of statistics are useless, but it won't hurt to do it anyway

The pits of Acheron are a L82 area. Zod runes can drop there, so if you heard that somebody found it there, it's not unusual, but from a single report like that you shouldn't draw the conclusion that Zod drop chances are particularly high. They aren't.

It seems you confuse TC with qlvl/ilvl. Bosses in that area can drop stuff with a qlvl of up to 85. TCs (which are multiples of 3 and contain item types) are not directly tied to area level, but the higher it is, the higher the maximum TC. Monsters there can drop from any TC. There is nothing special about that area. In addition, if your character is higher than L85, you won't get much XP. Better places are the L85 ones, like the Pits, Ancient Tunnels, River of Flame, CS, WSK 1-3 or Baal's Throne room.

Good luck anyway.|||Yeah I sometimes do Pit of Acheron as well (with my Hammerdin). I've found a few Diadems there but nothing else useful.

Another "fun" area I like to visit is Kurast Causeway with the two buildings called "Ruined Fane" and "Disused Reliquary". Both are L85 so potential is good as well.|||Yeah I mixed the numbers up. Just want to tell you that im doing this to prove there arent a better chance of finding Zod there then other places. I don't expect any good items just wanna explore the game a bit further. For me those pits in act 5 is kinda unknown. So this is a good opportunity to explore em a bit more. But thanks for replis anyway|||I could make 100 runs anywhere, and get results "proving" that a Zod is unlikely to drop...|||For statistics about drop chances of Zod runes, you have to find at least a dozen of them, else it doesn't tell much So 100 runs won't tell anything. It would have to be 1-10 millions :lol:|||interesting theory

actually, I did all sorts of runs with various chars on all difficulties and I can confirm that the chances of the game deciding to drop a zod are very slim - this rule, I am quite sure, applies to this area as well

However, those 100 runs would make that point even stronger...

UM|||Hey I just dropped a griffon's eye at the pit of acheror. Dropped by a burning dead mage. The funny part is that i have been using your drop calculator before registering in this forum and griffon's eye wasn't enlisted there. Btw i use a mf sorc 650mf! I should consider myself lucky i guess. I was just dc hunting when i had nothing to do and visited that place. |||Maybe you were looking results for normal monsters. Griffon's Eye(qlvl84) can be dropped only by champion, unique or minion monster in Pit of Acheron(alvl82).

No comments:

Post a Comment