Thursday, April 12, 2012

What item kickstarted your trades?

[:1]In the first month LoD came out and everyone was expolting the new Act V with the new monsters and items (and runes)

I had my lvl 95 FireWall sorc geared up with Culwens Point, Sigons Shield and Heavenly Garb as an unusual green item dropped in the Bloody Foothills : A claw!

Natalyas Mark kickstarted my trade frenzy as i traded it for 24 SoJ's

The 24 SoJ's were traded for a BER and an OHM

|||The one thing that did it for me was a 20/5 res sc. I found it and decided to PC it on a Trade forum. People just started bidding left and right I ended up with like 30 random HRs. This was right around the time of 1.10 because I never played online. My internet was like 56k at the time diablo 2 came out and I only started playing online after LoD.|||IIRC I found a Gull ring at L10 or so, that certainly helped at finding good stuff at an early point.|||I guess it was when i rolled a 45 combat skiller on like the fortieth try.|||Quote:








In the first month LoD came out and everyone was expolting the new Act V with the new monsters and items (and runes)

I had my lvl 95 FireWall sorc geared up with Culwens Point, Sigons Shield and Heavenly Garb as an unusual green item dropped in the Bloody Foothills : A claw!

Natalyas Mark kickstarted my trade frenzy as i traded it for 24 SoJ's

The 24 SoJ's were traded for a BER and an OHM






I love old stories

There's nothing that beats the old soj currency

I had a friend who decided to quit and passed me a windforce amongst other items. I traded the bow and some other items to get my hands on a 1.08 shako and a 1.08 valor. My barb had a gg life pool

Shako baba ftw!|||Not too long ago I traded away my 1.08 Chromatic Ire, still regret it.

(not the GZ stats but a nice item to show off)|||Quote:








Not too long ago I traded away my 1.08 Chromatic Ire, still regret it.

(not the GZ stats but a nice item to show off)




Yeah, 1.08 items are pretty seckcy no matter the stats. What are the stats on the Chromatic Ire btw?|||It were a 20 life/17 mana SC and a jeweler's phase blade of quickness which made me rich enough to fund the gear of all my characters. I found the SC somewhere in hell mode when playing an untwinked paladin and the PB was dropped by Baal, after I beefed up that character with gear bought from the charm. I sold the PB for cheap (60-70 Ists worth of runes IIRC), but I'm still paying my bills from that .

Don't count on finding items of such a rarity, I was just very lucky. However, there are enough other items which are worth a handful of Ist runes and not all of them can be found in hell mode only.

As said, the mentioned Gull dagger was the foundation of it all. Not because I sold it, but because I used it in Andy+Meph runs with my meteorb sorc.|||Quote:








... Gull dagger was the foundation of it all....




...so it wasn't a Gull ring after all



|||Damn you, nobody noticed it until you came

No comments:

Post a Comment