Thursday, April 12, 2012

white/gray items poof on the ground???

[:1]i just lost 2x 4os monarch and a 4os eth kraken shell while muling.

the game was perm and i let them stay on ground for too long and they

simply disappear??

Is that supposed to happen?|||Yes, it's happened to me before too unfortunately.|||I believe for white/grey socketed items (including runewords) the length of time is particularly short, in single player I think it's 10mins and I wouldn't be surprised if that was true on bnet as well.

Some clarification would be nice, if there's a thread around here I've not seen yet.|||Most of the items disappear if you leave them on the ground for too long. In network games (bnet):

White items (Socketables and Runewords): 5-10 minutes

Blue items (Magic): 10-20 minutes

Rares, Sets and Uniques - 30 minutes

Quest items - never|||Nothing last forever man, thats life |||Quote:








Most of the items disappear if you leave them on the ground for too long. In network games (bnet):

White items (Socketables and Runewords): 5-10 minutes

Blue items (Magic): 10-20 minutes

Rares, Sets and Uniques - 30 minutes

Quest items - never




Where did you get these times from? I've seen lists that put Blue items at closer to half an hour and unique and sets longer than rares.|||This should be pretty easy to test, as there are completely worthless items amongst all item qualities.|||Quote:








This should be pretty easy to test, as there are completely worthless items amongst all item qualities.




Anyone want to volunteer? town, random spot in same act, random spot in different act.|||I'd volunteer, but I don't want to lose my Venom ward or Isenhart's case!

Really though, if I know I am going to be transferring for a while, I make a few separated piles, and toss them everynow and then. Saves them from poofing, and I spend a bit longer in game which helps avoid a temp ban.

White's are what I worry about poofing fastest, any set/unique/rare worth its weight does stay on ground long, or may not even see the ground. If I lose, say, a Duriel's, I may not be happy, but its not that big a loss as say a self found HR.

Just make sure to learn from your mistake, and you're good.|||If anyone is still interested, these times are on Arreat Summit (updated on 7/11/07):


Quote:




Items and Gold Disappear after time when left on the ground

Don't leave items or gold lying on the ground any longer than necessary. Regular items and gold disappear after exactly 10 minutes. Magic items will disappear after 20 minutes. Rare, Set, and Unique items will disappear after lying on the ground for 30 minutes.




Item Basics

Sorry for resurrecting this, I actually ran into this info today, and remembered someone asking for the source of this info in this thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment