Monday, April 16, 2012

5% frw sc vs 3 % frw sc

I remember reading somewhere that they added the same amount of frw, but also reading that 5% frw did in fact add the 5% extra. What is the truth behind this?. Thank you

Oscar|||Did a test and think I'm safe in saying that the charms do what they say they do, aka 5% ones give 2% more then 3% ones.

I could only find 7x 5% ones on my mules so:

Running from trav temple stairs until hitting grass in upper kurast.

7x 5 = 35% frw: 23 seconds

7x 3 = 21% frw: 25 seconds

Of course my timing of the event nor my ability to run in identical straight lines is perfect, but the difference is significant enough I'd say.|||Also the fact that people pay alot more for the 5% frw ones, supports Kijyas results.|||The fact that people pay more for an item doesn't make it better Like eth upped HoZ say a 19x def one with better def than a 200ed upped one. Guess which gets better bids? And Kijya, did you do only one run? I mean the timing itseld could give you +-2 seconds |||Quote:








The fact that people pay more for an item doesn't make it better Like eth upped HoZ say a 19x def one with better def than a 200ed upped one. Guess which gets better bids? And Kijya, did you do only one run? I mean the timing itseld could give you +-2 seconds




Okay let me rephrase.

People, who I know to be experienced with the game and it's mechanics, pay roughly 10x price of the 3 frw ones for 5 frw ones.

I know they are not paying that just for a style factor.|||Quote:








And Kijya, did you do only one run? I mean the timing itseld could give you +-2 seconds




True, I did only one run, but I believe a span of 2 seconds should be significant enough in this case.

I pressed two buttons as simultaneously as possible at the start, one for the timer and one being the mouse to start running, reaction time shouldn't play any role there, just the difference in my right and left hand getting the message. For the end I clearly saw the grass coming and could predict when I would cross the finishing line, again not a case dependent on blind reaction times.



Still, I can do another run or two if it's really needed ... However, it would be better to have someone with more 5% charms do the tests to be honest.|||I haven't found a thread where someone tests and proves it, but I was under the impression that's it's just a rumor started by people who were confused about why 5% SCs don't spawn any more. Post 1.10 (?) they removed the check that kept 3% SCs from spawing; it's not like the 1.09 (?) charms spawned with 3% but display 5%.|||Thank you all for the comments, and thank you so much for the test!. I guess they do make a difference, but perhaps further testing is necessary. I have about 12 5% frw, so Ill try to do some tests myself, and post the results =)

No comments:

Post a Comment