Monday, April 16, 2012

Crafting items

Hello,

I have been trying to understand the explanation on the official webpage regarding affixes on crafting but I am not sure I understand it correctly. I remember back in the day when I was trying to craft some gloves that I would just buy the base item off the merchant and craft it, however the page says that the ilvl is the base for the affix calculation is this true?.

If I wanted to craft a glove with knockback/+2passive/20% ias/others where should I find or get the gloves for the crafting?

Also If I wanted to craft a +2skillls/20%fcr amulet, what level do I need to be and where should i find/buy the magic amulet used on the crafting?.

Thank you in advance =)

Oscar|||There's a specific guide for crafting zon gloves: ZonGloves

For 2/20 amulets you should gamble and craft the amulets using a level 93+ character: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...73#post7736673|||Hi,

I've been wondering this myself. I've read Superdave's guide, but I'm still not sure where and when I should get the gloves and amulets and start crafting? As far as I've understood, I can gamble the items, but at what level and in what act/difficulty?|||The item level (ilvl) of a crafted item is half of the character level plus half of the item level of the 'input item'. (Rounded down in every division that isn�t even.)



- For a dropped item, its ilvl = the level of the monster/container that dropped it.

- For a shopped item (past Normal), ilvl = clvl+5

- For a gambled item, ilvl is anywhere from clvl-5 to clvl+4.

(It does not matter which difficulty you gamble in.)



Generally speaking, when you craft, you want the output ilvl to be at least 71, because that will guarantee that you get 4 random affixes (the maximum). The exception may be if you are only looking for low required level affixes (like for low level duelling or early-game twinking or something).



You can use this site to see which affixes are available at which ilvls for the different item types. For amulets, alvl=ilvl but it�s substantially more complicated for weapons and armor items.|||Quote:








There's a specific guide for crafting zon gloves: ZonGloves

For 2/20 amulets you should gamble and craft the amulets using a level 93+ character: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...73#post7736673




Thank you so much for the glove guide it is great!. If I understand it correctly with a lvl 69 character and buying gloves you will always get the lvl 71 for the 4 mods. Then as I understand the best way the affix down so it doesn't spawn with undesirable mods, would be to buy heavy bracers as the quality level will bring the affix level as opposed to buying chain gloves with would have a higher affix level, is this correct?. All I want is alvl 43 for alarcrity.

-|||Quote:








Then as I understand the best way the affix down so it doesn't spawn with undesirable mods, would be to buy heavy bracers as the quality level will bring the affix level as opposed to buying chain gloves with would have a higher affix level, is this correct?. All I want is alvl 43 for alarcrity.

-




Looks right. I checked it out because I was curious. Ilvl 71 Chain Gloves have alvl=65, while ilvl 71 Heavy Bracers have alvl=50. Getting the latter rules out two prefixes and seven suffixes (although some of the prefixes are quite rare, like charges with Amazon skills).

Only Charsi, Fara and Asheara can sell Heavy Bracers, and only on Nightmare difficulty. In NM, when shopping with a level 69 character, just under 9% of the items will be upgraded to exceptional. So it takes a little work to shop Heavy Bracers.

No comments:

Post a Comment