Monday, April 16, 2012

PDR Merc

Anyone ever use PDR gear like Mechanics/Amicae Armor and mechanic/Lifeverlasting circlet on a mercenary to help with amplify damage curse? How did it work out?|||I stacked some PDR on my merc for vs pit vipers.

He only has 37 PDR +10 DR but it works well enough.|||What setup did you use? From my perspective there are only two dangers to a merc, amplify damage and conviction aura. If a merc is carrying infinite his conviction aura will cancel out other conviction auras, so I was thinking just putting allot of PDr on him would basically make him good versus the only two real threats. He wouldn't have leech though, so would have to feed him a pot overy once in a while, but that might be easier than going to back to town every time he gets amped. I run where there are bloodwitches allot and the amp curse makes me play really defensive in these areas. You could get 89 PDr I think with Sol runes socketted. That would make him pretty invulnerable to most basic attacks, life leech or not.|||I sometimes need to pot my merc when i face conviction aura.

Setup is as follows

Gladiators bane with IAS/xx jewel

Eth Reapers toll with amn

CoA with Sol/Sol

I guess i could shael the the reapers toll and put another Sol in the armour but i dont feel the need for it.

i really like to to keep leech on my mercs and its nice to not use any highend runewords.

Decreep breaks the pi and let him leech of witches as well.|||PDR is very effective on a merc... A Sol'd Glad bane and Sol'd Vampgaze goes on almost every merc I make... It gives the merc up to 34PDR, 35MDR, 20%DR, Cannot be frozen, FHR, Poison length reduction, and Lifeleech... Mine can stand up to Nihlly's Vipers, Hell baal runs, and Ubers (Mini bosses only)... No exotic gear or dupe runes needed for an unkillable merc...

Your two fears of Amp and Conviction are taken care of when mercs are geared like this... The 35 MDR negates a ton of elemental damage and isn't affected by conviction... PDR works at full effectiveness when Amped...|||Gladiators bane = indestructable merc.|||Quote:








Gladiators bane = indestructable merc.




Gladiators bane is a bit in the shadow of mighty "merc armor" runewords but its a very useful armor.

One of my builds merc uses eth gbane SOL'd + tal mask SOL'd (34 pdr) and is doing just fine. Originally the gbane was UM'd but imho the dr from SOL proved more useful. With defiance aura he is a real tank.

I would also probably use eth vgaze SOL'd if it didnt have the cold dmg which is unfit for summoners.|||I have good Eth Fortitudes Treacheries etc and still G bane is still on my most pimped out merc.

Might lose some dps over fort/CoH but the tankability is insane.|||I think I drooled a little bit when LuckyDwarf told me about his mercenary:

CoA (SolSol)

Gladiator's Bane (Sol)

Reaper's Toll (Shael)

I'm pretty sure that it would just run the game by itself.|||Yeah, just get one's hand on a 2os CoA

No comments:

Post a Comment