Monday, April 16, 2012

Cubing sorc orbs for level 30

I'm trying to make a +2 fire/20fcr/+3 fire ball orb for my LLD sorc but I'm a bit confused about the formulae and optimal levels.

So far I've been using the cube recipes

3 Standard Gems (normal) and 1 Socketed Weapon (Any Type) = 1 Socketed Magic Weapon

3 Flawless Gems + 1 Magic Weapon = Socketed Magic Weapon

with a Cloudy Sphere. According to AS, the recipes produce a weapon with ilvl 30, but I've managed to get +2 skill tab (alvl 40) with this recipe so I assume that a higher qlvl (41 for a Cloudy Sphere) overrides the ilvl when affixes are determined? Is it possible to get fire mastery on such an orb?

I'd like to roll on a rare orb as well, but since pskulls are harder to come by than normal/flawless gems, I'd like to be completely sure about the mechanics before I try it out. My plan was to get hold of a rare orb with ilvl = 40 and use a level 60 character to roll with this recipe

6 Perfect Skulls + 1 Rare Item = 1 Random Low Quality Rare Item of the same type

[ ilvl = int(.4 * clvl) + int(.4 * ilvl) ]

so we have

ilvl = int(.4 * 60) + int(.4 * 40) =>

ilvl = 40

I should be able to reroll this indefinitely without having to worry about rlvl >30 affixes or cutting off myself from +2 skill tab.

Am I overlooking something?

Any help appreciated |||not wanting to dissuade you from your task, but you do realize that unless the orb is extremely good, a spirit sword is bound to better, right? not just the +5 skills, but fcr, mana, life, res, etc. the fhr, fcr (in greater amount than any orb), +vit, and most importantly the ~100 mana are really tough to beat not to mention the fact that they're +all skills instead of just +fire. you lose out if you're using teleport, not a big deal, but still it'll bring the cost of teleport up a bit not having those 2 skills.|||Quote:








not wanting to dissuade you from your task, but you do realize that unless the orb is extremely good, a spirit sword is bound to better, right?




Yeah, I got a 35/112/x Spirit that I can't realistically beat with an orb.

2 fire

20 fcr

3 fireball

x fire mastery

x teleport

2 sockets

+ mana

should do the trick but I'll sooner win the lottery than roll one of those (even though I don't play the lottery), it's mostly for style really--I'm not sure I've even seen a level 30 fireball orb on live realms that could beat Spirit.|||I rerolled orbs with chipped gems at the beginning of the season, when I was poor, but I stopped at it as soon as I had a Spirit sword, for the mentioned reasons. BTW, rerolling an orb also rerolls the staffmods, so it will have different ones or none at all after a reroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment