Monday, April 16, 2012

Gambling Question.

I need to know if my current understanding of gambling is correct or not.

I've gambled i think 10 mil gold with of circlets and not one of them has had the 20% fcr suffix.

So afaik when you gamble an item it has a chance of receiving any available suffix to the item's corresponding ilvl, and the magus suffix is ilvl 20 or 30 if i remember correctly.

I've been gambling with a level 92 character, is this bad luck or is there a reason I have not been seeing the suffix.|||At L92, circlets and coronets can have any affix when gambling. According to here, the chance for getting the "of the magus" suffix on a magical circlet is about 1.1% (click the checkbox in question and look up the probability at the top of the list).

10 million gold are maybe 80-120 tries on circlets or coronets when gambling with Gheed's and an Edge bow (else it's less), so you haven't been unlucky yet

BTW, coronets can become tiaras and diadems instead which can have up to 3 sockets (through the artisan's or jeweler's affix... although for magical items only) while circlets always stay circlets. Coronets and circlets have a maximum of 2.|||Well my quest for a 2skill/20 fcr circlet seems to have come to a bump in the road. It looks like I would have better luck using a level 60 something character to try and gamble a +3skill/20 fcr criclet.

edit: thanks for the reply, I have been looking for a calculator like the one you posted.|||I cant find an earlier post about how to best gamble away your extra money...I have a lvl 85 (or 86, cant remember atm) and used the other post to learn that +3 amulets come well enough, but now I have enough amulets to choke a horse...and am basically looking for things that can be easily traded for top GCs, HRs and such...|||Tri-res boots are popular, 20% IAS gloves, %FHR/+Str/res belts, and 10% FCR rings with good stats are all very popular. In fact, I've been pouring a few million into hunting for boots. searching for them on normal, with a level 37 character will weed out a few of the high level mods that are pretty much worthless on the boots and keep the price of gambling down. Since they are just boots, they can be easily upped as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment