Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hammer damage question

Say I want to try a hybrid pvp of charge/hammer (an idea I got, no clue if that would work!). If I invest only 1 hard point in vigor and save 19 vigor points (synergy to blessed hammer), how much hammer damage am I losing out?|||If you're not going with the full hammer synergies, chances are you'll want to optimize your damage:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=692487

I'm not sure diverting points to gain more charge damage will be worth it in the end, but I hope the link will be useful anyway.|||each hammer synergy is 14% on top of a base 100%

so total hammer damage is 660% (14% * 40 + 100%)

with only one point in vigor, you're looking at 14% * 21 + 100% = 394% damage

394 / 660 = 59.6969~%



TL;DR: you lose 40.3% of your hammer damage by not maxing vigor.

(this percentage is constant regardless of gear, hammer level or concentration level)
|||The strength of a Hammer/Charge hybrid is in the shared synergies; Vigor, Blessed Aim, and Concentration benefit both attacks, so the only real decision you have to make is how to split between Charge, Holy Shield, and Might.

So I'm not sure what you mean by "saving" the 19 points in Vigor; no matter how you optimize your character, Vigor should be maxed.|||Ah, I get it. I forgot to look into charge synergies. I've not seen such a build in guides or anywhere else. Maybe I did not look properly. Is this a viable build guys?

Thanks for the linky for optimisation guides. Will be of great help

EDIT:

Some parts im not understanding too much in the calculations...

Total Skills To Spend 70 (chose this)

+Paladin 18

+Combat 11

+Offensive Auras 0

That means I need +18 pala skills from items besides base skill and +11 combat skills?|||read this. one of my favorite pvp builds|||Quote:








read this. one of my favorite pvp builds




omg. Exactly what I was looking for. I just thought for a moment that I made up a 'new' build!

ty mate |||What would you guys consider a 'decent' hammer damage on a hybrid? 10k hammers are enough on 75FCR to kills those pesky barbs and smiters? Or 12-14k is more reasonable?|||iirc mine does between 9 and 10k depending on which gear set i'm using. more would be great, but i agree with the guide that i linked in that skillers take up too much room that could be life/res charms. i just recently respec'd my guy for the first time in years and dropped another skiller in favor of some more life and res.|||Quote:








What would you guys consider a 'decent' hammer damage on a hybrid? 10k hammers are enough on 75FCR to kills those pesky barbs and smiters? Or 12-14k is more reasonable?




10k is enough for all around playing, but in some match ups you want more. for example if you go up againts another hammerdin 1 vs. 1 you want more like 15k hammer dmg.

No comments:

Post a Comment