Thursday, April 12, 2012

Item Hunting Question

[:1]I've noticed when playing through the game that you typically have to have 20 points higher than the minimum requirement for items to show up: for example, even though Ancient Armor is Strength 100 requirement, you have to have Strength 120 before they actually start dropping.

Is this true all around? I ask because I'm plotting out a Bowazon (most likely a Frostmaiden) and intending to try and MF for the M'avina's Battle Hymn set. M'avina's Embrace (the set kraken shell) only requires Strength 121 from it's -30% item requirements, but a regular kraken shell requires Strength 174. Does this mean I'm going to have to have Strength 194 before I have a chance to find a kraken shell in general as a drop (let alone have M'avina's Embrace drop), or Strength 141? Or is that seeming guideline redundant once you get into Nightmare and Hell difficulties? I've played Normal difficulty by far the most, getting a feel for various concepts in single-player, so that's where my experience and observations have led me to conclude so far.|||Correlation does not imply causation. You're finding those items when you have strength ~20 over what they require because you're increasing your strength as you move to higher area level areas, where higher item level gear drops. Dig around the site some and you should find out more about item drop generation. More than you ever wanted to know.|||Yeah, I just started digging into the Treasure Classes and such and realized that my Strength has zero to do with what drops. I feel stupid now.

No comments:

Post a Comment