Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Greetings, dwellers of the statistics forum

It seems I have somehow been appointed to serve as your moderator. Since I am still inexperienced as a mod, it is inevitable that it will take a while for me to adapt to this position. Before anything else, I will have to do quite a bit of learning in regards to the modding duties.



That said, helping to maintain the quality this forum is a task I look forward to. Statistics has, as far as I know, always had a great user base, with many knowledgeable posters helping and very few problems.

I've dropped in from time to time myself, but I wouldn't claim to be one of the most frequent regulars here. With this new position, you can however be certain to see me around these parts more often.



I will try to continue in Melianors footsteps and put some more work into the knowledge and guide library. As you know this is a huge undertaking and I doubt we will ever truly consider it finished, but with one step at a time I'm sure it can become even more complete then it already is.



Cheers |||There are probably a few things to be completed or updated in the knowledge base sticky.

What about a list with links to threads about how to do this and that? To be added in the knowledge base.

It might also be worth updating the info in the wiki whenever outdated info is found.

I think you can theoretically invest months of time on all kinds of topics, so some kind of compromise has to be found or to be solved elsewhere. Fore example, character-specific issues should be settled in the class-specific forum.|||The approach taken currently is mostly a long alphabetical list of topics, with a few highlighted guides ...

To be honest I'm not sure how to approach updating it effectively. I could just continue adding and fixing broken links, but before I settle for that I'll be doing some thinking on the layout. Once I got some ideas I'll put them up for discussion before I start any edits. |||A better mod couldn't have been chosen

I have learned alot from your many postings and collections. And the tremendous work you have put into software development for dII is in a word amazing. There is and has allways been a large base of very friendly and helpful members on these fora, but to me, you are among the ones, that have contributed the most. A very worthy mod!

Not that there will be alot of work for you to do in the statistics - we are generally a well-behaved group of nerds .|||Gratz on the green Kijya A very good choice to make you a mod!




Quote:








A better mod couldn't have been chosen




What? You forgotten me? |||Quote:








What? You forgotten me?




Never!

And ofc you have been a huge part of especially etf, but I have a sneaky suspicion, that you as a mod might have some interesting consequences . Possibly free memberships to single women over 35 (in exchange for -favors ). And not a single Windforce wielding Amazon would ever be banned |||Quote:








you as a mod might have some interesting consequences




Im sure my name has come up for discussion when deciding a new mod, followed by a huge LOL |||Thanks for the kind words. Now now, don't drift too off-topic, I'm starting to feel left out.

You've all got it wrong, the mod appointing process is completely random, plus a few bribes ...|||Quote:










You've all got it wrong, the mod appointing process is completely random, plus a few bribes ...




Ive tried to become a mod for years now, slept with over half of the mods. I now am starting to think I should maybe start making a move on the female mods also.. |||I have always been a fan of yours.

Sign my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment