Saturday, April 14, 2012

Is Frenzy Barb or Smite Pally cheaper for Ubers?

[:1]I am a very poor man in Ladder. I was wondering which build is cheaper and/or better for killing Ubers. To add to it, which one is cheaper and/or better for killing Diablo clone? Can you give me an outline of what they should be using?|||Paladin

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=425449|||Ok I'll probably have to make a Paladin in the future...

I'm wondering though, what is the cheapest uber Frenzy Barb, then? Since I already have a Barb that has bad items (just the IK set).|||This is what I had last ladder, worked but was alot slower than smiter:

Grief + Death

Fortitude (Duress would work too probably)

Arreat's

Lots or AR charms

You need good weapons for frenzyer and lots of AR (~15k). Whereas you can use wizardspike or any old cracked dagger and no AR at all with smiter|||Oh. Well, I think I'll just make a smiter and try to follow the guide instead... until I get richer. Thanks.|||A smiter is good for them, but smiters suck in PvM otherwise (including versus �ber Meph's minions and the monsters in the organ �ber areas). As soon as you can afford a halfway decent weapon like Grief or Stormlash (and nothing else beyond what you want for your smiter as well), I would respec him into a fana-zealot. One skill point in smite is enough, you just need that skill for hitting all the time.

There are very few monsters which are better fought with smite than with zeal: Baal (he's no threat, but he's good at blocking and is hard to hit because he's mlvl 99), �bers, maybe Ancients and a very few random boss packs (so you can abort and run away at any time). I currently cannot think of a boss ability combo which would justify that, I even fight hell Lister+minions with zeal all the time. However, it might prevent me from running straight into the middle of a pack, as I usually do to speed up things |||Wait, so I should be using Smite on Ubers, but Zeal on everything else right?|||yep, make a Smealot (smiting zealot).|||Ok so this is what I have so far, is anyone able to suggest to me what I can probably get (that is cheap)?

Guillaume’s face helm

dracul’s grasp gloves.

IK Belt

Highlords Ammy

Raven Frost Ring; 1

Dwarf Star; Ring 2

What cheap armor, weapon, shield, and boots should I get that will "fit well" with these items? I also do not have CTA.|||Duriel's Shell is good for a uber smiter. If you want really cheap armor, go with Smoke RW, good for maxing resistances.

Try to get an 4sox Elite Paladin shield for max smite damage. Fill that with pdiamonds.

As your weapon, Heaven's Light is very cheap and gives great CB.

Last, boots. Goblins Toe gives you 25 % CB, I would go for Goreriders.

No comments:

Post a Comment