Saturday, April 14, 2012

Rare Weapon 441 ED and 283 AR. What mods are behind them?

[:1]Hi, guys. I've been interested in figuring out, given a rare item, what mods are under the hood. Just for science I do not have many rare items myself, so I randomly find (assumed legit) samples on the Internet. I can figure out the mods on all the rare items I have seen so far, EXCEPT this one.

Please see the attached image for this rare item in question. The interesting part is its 441 ED together with 283 AR. (I found it on link removed. I assume it is legit.)

MY ANALYSIS

[http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp...agic/pre.shtml]

[http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp...gic.shtml#rare]

There is not a single mod that gives more than 300 ED. So I suspect they come from a combination of a [+Damage] affix and a [+Attack Rating and +Damage] affix. Then, on display, the "Enhanced Damage" value is summed up. I suppose that is possible because it does not violate the Rare Item rule of "Only one Prefix or Suffix will be picked per Prefix or Suffix group."

STILL, even if that is the case, there is no mod in the [+Attack Rating and +Damage] group that can give +283 AR on a rare item. Moreover, there can't be yet another [+Attack Rating] mod because this rare item already has six mods, which is the maximum.

I couldn't find an hint from the Knowledge & Guide Library, and such. Any ideas?|||It's certainly not legit item or at least not legit for 1.10+ version. No more than +250ar should be present with these mods.|||Not only that. Increased stack size, lightning damage and enhanced damage (it requires two for > 300%) are all prefixes. A rare can't have more than 3 prefixes.

This item has 5 (two %ed, one AR, one lightning damage and one increased stack size).|||lite dmg can be suffix "of thunder"

only thing is the ar which is over 250, other stats are legit i think.

prefixes: ed, ed/ar, stacksize (cruel, masters, dense)

suffixes: lite dmg, repair, ctc (of thunder, of propogation, ctc mod)|||Ah, I missed that.

Maybe in some older version Master's AR mod went above 250?|||Thanks for the replies. I was not aware of the version matter. So, for the materials on Arreat Summit today, are they for 1.10+?|||Arreat Summit should be up to date for the last patch(currently 1.13c). There are some mistakes of course but in the item part it's pretty accurate.

I'm looking at 1.09d MagicPrefix file and things are worse there. Master's/Grandmaster's and Ferocious/Cruel are not available on rare items. So maximum possible is 200ed and 150ar(King's and Merciless) on rare item.

It's the same in 1.07 and 1.08.|||Thanks, Victus

No comments:

Post a Comment