Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ubering with a Necro - the strategy

[:1]So currently this is what I do:

I have my Necro friend Lifetap ubers and then I smite the crap out of it.

Then I realized that Necros also have a Terror and Confuse curse. So now I'm thinking, what if my Necro friend life taps a Uber Boss then Terrors/Confuse around him/her? Will the Uber Boss still be lifetapped BUT the minions confused/terror'd? Or will his lifetap curse be overwritten into nothing?|||Monsters can suffer from just one curse at a time and your necro might have a good bonus to necro skills, so lifetap will have a big area of effect if it comes from a skill investment and replaces the curse on every enemy within the area. Maybe it's a good idea to cast lifetap from a wand after having cast the curse for the other monsters. Its level is low and skills from charges don't receive skill bonuses, so the other monsters stay confused, amped, decrepped or whatever while only the �bers and a few monsters aroung them are lifetapped.|||Well I'm not really concerned about monsters, I'm more concerned on if a life tap curse on Uber Duriel/Lilith/Izual/Meph/Baal/Diablo gets removed if a Terror/Confuse curse is cast on them (which, I might add, Terror/Confuse does NOT work on them).|||since the AI curses dont work on bosses, cast life tap first on the whole lot of them, then terror or confuse or dim vision. the boss will stay tapped (or amped or decreped) while everything else (that's in range of the second curse) will get the "new" curse.|||Thanks CDM! This information is going to make my (and my friend's) uber experience even easier :P|||Quote:








since the AI curses dont work on bosses, cast life tap first on the whole lot of them, then terror or confuse or dim vision. the boss will stay tapped (or amped or decreped) while everything else (that's in range of the second curse) will get the "new" curse.




Good point and I guess these curses work better at distracting minions. However, new ones are constantly summoned, so casting attract on one of the quad immune demons might be a good idea as well.

Just don't do too many things before killing �ber Meph, else he has summoned too many minions which might block the way to him. Your skeletons will probably do a good job as well at keeping the minions away from your necro.|||Well, I just tried this with my necro friend. Overall our "speed" getting to uber tristram was the same (because he would somehow get hurt with all of them confused), but the speed it took to kill the ubers + get the torch was greatly improved (also probably because I finally made a Grief!). The terrors/confusions helped keep him alive, but only from the minions (he died nearly instantly to diablo's ring of fire lol). Overall it kept a lot of the minions away; so it was useful. Time difference was minimal.

No comments:

Post a Comment